Kingussie Business Forum
The Kingussie Business Forum was constituted in 2001 to Help Promote Business in the town and to act as an Umbrella Body to help individuals and groups access grant aid and funding for various projects within Kingussie. Members are drawn from the business community as well as representatives from various community groups.
Helping Promote Business:
- The Website - The main function of the KBF currently is creating and running the Kingussie website. This website is the third edition, and we are delighted with it!
- Christmas Shopping – On the first Sunday of December Kingussie High Street comes alive with all the shops open, extra stalls on the street, food and drink, a bagpipe parade, the turning on of the Christmas lights and more. The KBF is one of several community groups involved in making this whole weekend – the Christmas Festival - a great success by co-ordinating advertising and publicity and organizing a themed shop window competition.
- Hanging Baskets – Making our town look great for visitors and residents alike throughout the summer from June to October with three dozen gorgeous hanging baskets is another important contribution from the KBF which co-ordinates fund raising and volunteers for regular watering.
- The KBF lent support to the 2013 “Little Town of Festivals” initiative which entered Kingussie for a Creative Place Award from Creative Scotland and is putting Kingussie on Scotland’s cultural map with a festival each month of the year.
- The KBF acts as an umbrella body for the funding of the annual Hogmanay TorchLight Procession and Fireworks which is organized by individual members.
- The KBF sends out regular emails with information for members about business development Training Courses and opportunities for funding and grants, as well as dates for and minutes of all meetings.
- The KBF can act as an umbrella body for groups and individuals to access Grant Aid. To discuss possibilities for this please contact the chair person.
MEMBERSHIP: For £30 per year members get a free listing on this website and their names are added to our mailing list so they can receive regular updates on what’s happening and minutes of all meetings. Meetings are open to all members. Membership is free to those representing community groups. To become a member of the Kingussie Business Forum email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HANGING BASKETS: SPONSOR A BASKET FOR JUST £25 and have a livelink to your business listed here. KBF organizes and maintains three dozen baskets every year from June to October. If you would like to be part of the Watering Team or to sponsor a basket, please contact us at email@example.com.
ADVERTISING ON THE WEBSITE: You can buy an advert on the homepage of this website for just £15 per month or £150 for a year. For details of advertising rates or how to have your business or organization listed without becoming a member please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.